My friend Chika suggested that I’d comment on Popteen’s latest issue (since our relationship is hasn’t been the best lately. yes I’m talking about the magazine) .
Now, I have to disappoint everyone who expects a decent, well-researched and objective post because that will never happen. Not because I’m not able to write a decent, well-researched and objective post, but because I don’t want to. I want to use casual language, swear a bit and show you what I feel. That’s what this is about, right? Truth and stuff.
- I do not hate skinny people. Nor do I hate people who want to be skinny. Or people who are working on being skinny (but I hate people who are like ‘Oh all the girls in the mags are so pretty and I wanna be like them skinny and pretty and hot because all the guys love that’)
- I don’t ‘hate’ gyaru girls. I hate some of those whom I met, which is a specific group. A few people. Not the whole community.
- Yes, I do sometimes envy girls who weigh less than I do because they have more choices when it comes to clothes.
- No, I don’t consider myself as fat. I’d say I’m a lazy person who tends to feel better after eating something delicious. Which is sometimes quite a lot.
- I’m not a guys-love-curvy-women-person because I KNOW that some guys just prefer skinny girls and some prefer curvy girls. It’s like a guy is a bad person just because he doesn’t find me attractive. I find most guys unattractive, too. It’s their choice, isn’t it?
- I do not dislike Popteen because of all the skinny models featured inside. I dislike Popteen because that magazine encourages young girls to lose weight even if it’s fine not to, to do plastic surgery and to spend their money on expensive and dangerous diet pills. Also, some tips to find a boyfriend are just plain stupid but then again, that’s not part of our topic.
- Yes, I like a Popteen Model called Marimo. I love her style and the fact that she’s not as skinny as other models. No I don’t think that this makes me a hyporcrite, she’s not bound to be a Pop-Model forever.
- Yes, I used to like Popteen after I got into mainstream J-Fashion. Yes, I also thought ‘I wanna be skinny like those girls!’ Until I remembered that I’m an 1.67 m tall european girl who loves to eat Wiener Schnitzel.
- I think I’ve got everything covered now.
Starting off with Kumikki. How can anyone stand her fake smile? I admit, Kumikki is sometimes ‘pretty’ but most of the time I just find her fake. Also, I bet she’s a total bitch. The way she talks, all nice and sweet – FAKE. (Okay I know that doesn’t belong there. I just had to say that.) Anyways, even Kana Nishino (who looks like she covered a massive hangover with make-up) looks better.
Okay no. First, I’m sick of Boy London. Yes, we know it was an awesome underground brand from – guess what – London! But hey, we’ve had that all summer (and among bloggers, probably since the beginning of the year) but there has to be a line. Second, you are not giving me this look that jelly and practically every fashion magazine in japan has featured all summer! Also, wearing those weird uggs. Really, what the fuck. There are so many things wrong in this picture…
‘I dunno what happened, lace and leather usually work so well together…. puripupuuuu’ (sorry marimo but this time it’s you)
A cheeky smile, cheap leather and a cute, but unfitting beret. Well, that’s just normal for Popteen.
I thought we got over those super-excited-but-totally-dumb-poses? I can sense a kind of desperate aura here.
Nothing to add.
Weird faces, half-open mouths… Welcome to POPTOWN.
What is wrong with this picture? Comment below.
Going back to classy? Wow. Someone needs to get a constant style (seriously, this has been going on for months.)
What is wrong with this picture? PART 2 (maimai should try not to look like an eight-year-old)
Can you spot the mistake? (By the way, those two girls in the center are quite often on Tokyofashion)
Hail to Photoshop.
Tokyo Fashion Week started today and I’m super excited to see dresscamp and jun okamoto! I bet FashionTV will show some great footage.